Friday, July 27, 2012

USA Men's team fail to lead 3-1 at halftime, losing 4-3 to Greece.


Click here to see more pictures SportsMX: USA vs Greece


We lost to Greece 4-3, we were leading 3-1 at halftime. Somehow our team break down in second half. Our team ended up placed 12th out of 16 teams. Tough tournament for me and for the team. 

The night before the game with the team meeting, my teammate Trip Neil gave a huge honor for me to be the Team Captian for today's game. Not only is Trip one of the most humble, kind honest man he's a great friend of mine! Thank again Trip! 

This game was my final appearance with the USA Deaf Soccer team. I will defiantly miss this experiences I had in the past 9 years on this team. There are so many great memories that I cannot name one... The best squad I had were in 2008 World Championships in Greece where we placed 4th... The best host is no question, 2009 Deaflympics Summer Games in Taipei, Taiwan with the biggest bang! 

Thank you for all of your support even thought we didn't perform well. I also wanted to thank you the coaches, Dave Kunitz and Ken Noll for great supports as well.

I'm looking forward to cheering the USA Deaf Women team to get their GOLD in the next few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment